BARISTA. SALARY: DOE
(29 hrs/wk) Some benefits. Year round position. To provide quality customer service and assistance to guests utilizing the Snack Shop and /or purchasing items there and other point-of-sale stations throughout the camp. Provide excellent service to customers, guests, and staff according to established procedure. Greet all guests courteously, determine their needs and direct/serve them accordingly. Notice and remember guest shopping habits and notify supervisor. Take inventory and stock shelves, keep store looking neat and attractive. Operate food machines (coffee, ice cream, etc.) Qualifications: Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to learn and apply accrued knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and file systems. Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain poise under pressure. Customer-service mind set. Ability to operate cash register. Minimum high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Minors must present valid work permit. Current Food Handler’s Certificate required. Restaurant, fast-food, or industrial-kitchen experience preferred. Experience in retail sales preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Qualifications: Ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Ability to learn and apply accrued knowledge of standard purchasing procedures and file systems. Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain poise under pressure. Customer-service mind set. Ability to operate cash register. Minimum high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Minors must present valid work permit. Current Food Handler’s Certificate required. Restaurant, fast-food, or industrial-kitchen experience preferred. Experience in retail sales preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate well in English. Click here to apply for Barista
SERVER. SALARY: DOE
(29 hrs/wk) Some benefits. Year round position.
FUNCTION OF THE POSITION: Serves food to guests in Dining Hall. Responsible for clean up after meals and all dish washing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Fills in soda fountains, as well as makes sure soda bibs and juice machines are stocked.
• Prepares coffee at self-serve stations, as well as stock coffee and tea condiments.
• Refills napkin holders and replaces salt, pepper, and other condiment bottles placed on each table.
• Vacuums Dining Hall, treat carpet stains.
• Prepares meals by setting out serving utensils and restocking plates, bowls, cups, mugs, and silverware, as well as setting up clean station.
• Loads hot and cold items as listed on the menu into the appropriate location before each meal as directed by the Dining Hall Supervisor and/or Kitchen Manager.
• Applies principals of health codes in handling and storing food, cleaning dishes, and cleaning of serving areas.
• Assist in serving prepared menu by keeping food lines fully stocked.
• Follows set guidelines with regards to what food is to be saved and what is to be thrown away.
• Returns unused food to proper place of storage with suitable labeling as required and directed by the Kitchen Manager and/or Head Cook.
• Washes plates, bowls cups, mugs, silverware, lids, pots, pans, and other various dirty dishes and puts away in designated areas.
• Cleans drink stations by wiping down machines, counters, and catcher trays. Leans food lines by cleaning out wells, sanitizing line’s surface, and cleaning class.
• Places used linens, aprons, and towels in designated lined cans.
• Rolls up dry rack netting, puts through dishwasher, and cleans and sanitizes drying counter.
• Cleans floor mats, clean floor drains, and mops dish room floor.
• Cleans dishwashing machine daily.
• Soaks soda nozzles daily.
• Empties all trash cans and replace with liners.
• Sanitizes dish cards and silverware caddies on a daily basis.
• Washes and dries all serving carts daily. Empties catch bucket under cup cart. Cleans and sanitizes cup cart.
• Wipe down tables.
• Cleans employee restrooms and checks supplies on a daily basis.
• Sweep and mop designated areas.
• Periodically deep cleaning in Kitchen and Dining Room.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned b the Dining Hall Supervisor.
• Attends Staff Meetings as requested.
• Delivers prompt and polite customer service both within Dining Hall and around Pine Summit premises.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Food Handler’s Certificate
• Must have a Workers Permit if a minor
• Proficient use of the English language
• Willingness to enter wholeheartedly into the spirit of Pine Summit and show an interest in the total camping program.
• Willingness to be guided by and held accountable to regulations established for daily work and personal conduct.
• Willingness to assume responsibility for accuracy of work performed. Click here to apply for Server
SALARY: DOE REF. # 031716 REQ# 17-0506
(29 hrs/wk) Some benefits. Year round position. Prepare and execute food presentations leading to a positive camp experience for all campers. Receive, store and inventory supplies. Per request of Kitchen Lead, experiments with new menu offerings and trains new cooks and necessary to prepare new and unfamiliar recipes. Sample food for quality control and ensures that it has been prepared and seasoned properly, that portion sizes are correct, and food is served at appropriate temperatures. Monitor the safety and sanitary levels of activities within the kitchen to ensure that the food is cooked in clean and safe environment. Follow state health department regulations pertaining to safe food practice; Ensures that food presentation is exceptional. Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible. Qualifications: Two (2) years cooking experience in a camp environment, or high volume restaurant or hotel. Large batch food preparation experience preferred. Proficient use of the English language. Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure. Food Handlers Certificate. Maintain a Valid CA Driver License with less than two (2) violations in the last 12 months, or a DUI within last 18 months, and must pass Fleet Safety Test of TSA. Equal Opportunity Employer.
SALARY: DOE REF. # 031702 REQ# 17-0504
(29 hrs/wk) Some benefits. Year round position. Guest Hosts are the “face” of Pine Summit and are the primary point of communication with our guests during their stay at camp. Hosts are expected to exemplify the meaning of customer service as they remain in constant contact with the guest group leadership. The Guest Host is the conduit between what Pine Summit offers and what our guests require to have a successful camp experience. Ensure that camp has been set up for the group’s arrival, checking lodging, meeting areas, and restroom facilities, checking room temperature, assuring each area is prepared. Prepare key packets for groups before their arrival. Check in groups as they arrive with strict adherence to Pine Summit SOP for accounting of wristbands, numbers and number changes, appropriate check-in sheet utilization, etc. Apply group changes to invoice to assure accurate accounting and billing. Closing camp after the groups departure. The Guest Host work AM & PM shifts, as scheduled by the Guest Host Supervisor. Be available for camp tours with Group Sales Representatives. Qualifications: Minimum High School graduate or equivalent. Minimum two (2) years’ experience in some capacity of customer service preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate well in English. Bilingual in English/Spanish, helpful. Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Microsoft Word and Excel and Access required. Microsoft PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, helpful. Maintain a valid California Driver’s License with less than two violations in the last 12 months and no DUI within the last 18 months and must pass Salvation Army Fleet Safety Test. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Click here to apply for Guest Host