Activities Supervisor- Non Exempt Full Time- 40 hrs. with Benefits
FUNCTION OF POSITION: Develops, implements, and maintains year-round activities at Pine Summit; makes recommendations to Pine Summit leadership regarding hiring qualified recreation and aquatics personnel, and trains and supervises activities staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College graduate or equivalent work experience
- Two years’ experience supervising others
- Experience teaching adults preferred
QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCE & SKILLS):
- Knowledge and understanding of The Salvation Army regulations and procedures and acceptance of the religious philosophy; must have a desire to lead individuals to Christ
- Ability to prioritize and address projects, which may conflict, in a time-sensitive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively; ability to interact with co-workers, management, leadership, and the general public in a positive and productive manner
- CPR, Water Safety Instructor/Lifeguard, and Rope Course certified required
- Ability to implement solutions and bring projects to fruition
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in relation to information and documentation
- Ability to read, write, and communicate well in English
- Requires strong ability with Microsoft Office (including MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to use electronic media for intra and inter-office communication;
- Working knowledge of integrated database applications and ability to use new software programs, including proprietary Salvation Army programs, with basic training
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make recommendations regarding recruiting and hiring of activities staff
- Provide supervisory oversight of all direct reports including work performance, work schedule, timecard approval, and discipline
- Work with recreation and aquatics staff to establish programs schedules
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Submit list of equipment needs to Assistant Director for approval and action
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Be familiar with guest programs, scheduling, and facilities
- Assure safety in all recreation areas; ensure completion of regularly scheduled safety checks as required in accordance with industry standards
- Oversee organization and inventory of all recreation equipment
- Develop and implement year-round programming; schedule activities upon approval of Assistant Director, and maintain record of camper participation in all activities
- Schedule guests for program activities to best distribute campers throughout Pine Summit facility to maximize usage; work very closely with guest hosts to fully address all needs and requests
- Fully prepare camp for arrival of guests
- Oversee staff in setting up games and other recreation-type events
- Assist with staff housing (during summer), including personnel placement and rule enforcement
- Provide prompt and polite service both internally and externally
- Maintain safe and fun recreational equipment
- Speak publicly in front of large groups
- Sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on intermittent or continuous basis
- Grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Maintain a valid California Driver’s License
- Successfully complete Decision Driving Safety Test before driving for The Salvation Army and annually recertify as required
- Meet certification by and participation in The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program (Salvation Army Fleet Safety Policy dictates that an employee may not obtain more than two  moving violations or accidents within any 12-month period; see The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Policy)
Facilities Generalist- Full time with Benefits
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or in-company training preferredQualifications:
- Ability to read instructions and diagrams
- Ability to perform simple tasks independently after being given instructions
- General knowledge of simple equipment and used in the business
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools
- Proficient in the use of the English language
- Steady and reliable worker
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to stay on task in the midst of distraction
- Ability to perform all tasks in an efficient, safe and timely manner
- Maintain a valid California Driver’s License with less than 2 violations in the last 12 months or DUI within the last 18 months and must pass a fleet safety test
Professional: The ability to work in a distinctively Christian environment. The ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals. Exercise good judgment and comfortable taking initiative with projects.
Please apply here: https://rn22.ultipro.com/SAL1002/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4460
Server- Full time with Benefits
- Food Handler’s Certificate
- Proficient use of the English Language
- Willingness to enter wholeheartedly into the spirit of Pine Summit and show an interest in the total camping program
- Willingness to be guided by and held accountable to regulations established for daily work and personal conduct
- Willingness to assume responsibility for accuracy of work performed
Professional: The ability to work in a distinctively Christian environment. The ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner in conformity with The Salvation Army Mission Statement. The ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances. Must possess the self-discipline necessary to perform repetitive tasks without lowering quality of work. Able to work with limited supervision, and work in a team setting with other professionals. Exercise good judgment and comfortable taking initiative
Please apply here: https://rn22.ultipro.com/SAL1002/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4725
Dishwasher- Non exempt- Full Time with Benefits
FUNCTION OF POSITION: Work as part of the Food Service team performing designated duties in and around the camp dish room.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School or GED preferred
- Food Worker Certificate required
- Proficient use of the English language
QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCE & SKILLS):
- Willingness to enter wholeheartedly into the spirit of Pine Summit and show an interest in the total camping program.
- Willingness to be guided by and held accountable to regulations established for daily work and personal conduct.
- Willingness to assume responsibility for accuracy of work performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates industrial dishwasher as per all health and safety standards
- Washes all dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, pans and all other miscellaneous items.
- Returns all clean items to appropriate storage.
- Places used linens, aprons and towels in designated lined cans.
- Washes and dries kitchen towels, pot holders and related items as needed.
- Disassembles drying line tiles, sanitizing and replacing in dish room.
- Cleans floor mats, floor drains and mops dish room floor.
- Sanitizes dish carts and flatware containers daily.
- Washes, dries all serving carts, large cup cart and bucket under cart.
- Periodically deep cleans dish room as scheduled.
- Maintains stock of dish room chemicals from inventory and ensures safe handling and storage.
- Delivers prompt polite service customer service in the Ponderosa and all other areas at camp.
- Attends staff meetings as assigned.
- Assists co-workers in dining hall as available.
To Apply, please click on the link: https://rn22.ultipro.com/SAL1002/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=4912
SALARY: DOE REF. # 031716 REQ# 17-0506
(40 hrs/wk) Full Benefits. Year round position. Prepare and execute food presentations leading to a positive camp experience for all campers. Receive, store and inventory supplies. Per request of Kitchen Lead, experiments with new menu offerings and trains new cooks and necessary to prepare new and unfamiliar recipes. Sample food for quality control and ensures that it has been prepared and seasoned properly, that portion sizes are correct, and food is served at appropriate temperatures. Monitor the safety and sanitary levels of activities within the kitchen to ensure that the food is cooked in clean and safe environment. Follow state health department regulations pertaining to safe food practice; Ensures that food presentation is exceptional. Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible. Qualifications: Two (2) years cooking experience in a camp environment, or high volume restaurant or hotel. Large batch food preparation experience preferred. Proficient use of the English language. Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure. Food Handlers Certificate. Maintain a Valid CA Driver License with less than two (2) violations in the last 12 months, or a DUI within last 18 months, and must pass Fleet Safety Test of TSA. Equal Opportunity Employer.